- Originally, P2E was designed by the organization founder as a two-hour workshop session for the ‘A Violence Free Future’ project (VFF) 2015 version. VFF was developed and implemented by Rotary Club Prishtina International in order to promote tolerance and inclusion, as a means of countering the religious radicalization and extremism gripping Kosovo’s population, namely the youth.
- The P2E session, within VFF, aimed to engage participants in tolerance and inclusion through the power of play. Session programming was implemented by Gena as the main trainer and volunteers from Rotaract Club Illyrian and NATO’s Kosovo Force (KFOR), particularly, the US Army, but also soldiers from Germany, Hungary, and Armenia.
- As an extension of VFF, P2E participated at Anibar Festival 2015 by hosting a games session in the main square of Peja, Kosovo as one of the festival’s interactive events.
- Throughout 2015 and seven different events, P2E witnessed approximately 450 participants and more than 70 unique volunteers engage with programming.
- P2E’s Founder, Gena, was awarded a US Army Coin of Excellence by KFOR20 and made an Honorary Member of the 30th Armored Brigade for her inspiring work with local youth, volunteers, and soldiers.
- Play2EDUCATE was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in Colorado, USA on 02 June 2017 and has its 501(c)3 status pending.
- P2E was awarded official NGO status in Kosovo on 14 August 2017.